List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 4 + plans
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2008-01-17 9:16:09

Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Attached is an example of how to do that:
>> action.trigger() executes the whole script, but no function in particular,
>> as far as I understand (that's how it works in kjs, too). Later, we call
>> callFunction. It's all in mw.cpp, the example is mainly from techbase. It
>> looks as if kross is very easy to use.
>
> Nice example. indeed, Kross seems pretty easy to use from what I get on this
> example. If Kross adopts more support for other languages we gain it for
> free, also.

I am surprised that it is so easy to bind any script language. For
python, I use boost and I know also a bit of sip. In both of these
frameworks, there are issues of reference counting and ownership of
objects. How does kross deal with this ?

For example, if I create an object in a script and want it to be usable
by the application, how does that work ? Can the application delete the
object ? How about the other way round : the application creates a C++
object, which has script binding. Can I store a reference to that object
in my script ? If the c++ application deletes the object, what happens ?

	Philippe