List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 4 + plans
From:       Rafael =?iso-8859-1?q?Fern=E1ndez_L=F3pez?= <ereslibre () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-01-13 21:40:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

> IMHO you're wrong here, having ruby and python available as scripting
> languages lowers the barrier for those that already know these
> languages. And JS works quite differently OO-wise than python or ruby
> and thus imposes a not-that-small-barrier to people accustomed to the
> way Ruby/Python/Java/C++ handle OO.

I completely agree here. Forcing ourselves to JS is quite a bad solution,
since we are doing the same as being stucked with C++. What we plan is to be
able of using as most languages as we can. If Kross can do it (I really don't
know it, and for that reason we are CC'ing Sebastian), then it would be the
best solution we can take.

From my point of view, having JS + C++ is almost the same as forcing C++.
Supporting a technology, that in some day can extend its support to other
languages make this a win.

Only my 20 cents.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070