List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 4 + plans
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-01-13 14:18:03

On 13.01.08 15:03:59, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just installed the KDE 4.0.0 packages on my PC, to get some impression about
> the current state :) I enjoy to see, that so much work was done by you all to
> make Kate usable for KDE 4 :) I hope to get some time to work on stuff now
> again, too.
>
> My first idea would be, to move to QtScript for the scripting. Guess Dominik
> made this proposal some time ago. I played bit with QScript once it was
> released as part of Qt 4.3 and wasn't that happy about performance, but guess
> this has improved for the 4.4 version which will be the next we use for 4.1,
> I guess. Anybody against moving for QtScript?

Just thinking out loud, but wouldn't it make more sense to move to
Kross for scripting? It sounds like the better choice, because it simply
isn't bound to a specific scripting language.

And I saw in dipesh's blog (http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3187) that
you can use Kross around QtScript as well as using Kross around kjs to
work with javascript scripts.

Or maybe, just re-reading that blog, thats not needed anymore as there's
the other way around possible as well as it seems...

Anyway, just wanted to throw Kross into the game :)

Andreas

--
Advancement in position.