List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    KDE 4 + plans
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2008-01-13 14:03:59

Hi,

just installed the KDE 4.0.0 packages on my PC, to get some impression about
the current state :) I enjoy to see, that so much work was done by you all to
make Kate usable for KDE 4 :) I hope to get some time to work on stuff now
again, too.

My first idea would be, to move to QtScript for the scripting. Guess Dominik
made this proposal some time ago. I played bit with QScript once it was
released as part of Qt 4.3 and wasn't that happy about performance, but guess
this has improved for the 4.4 version which will be the next we use for 4.1,
I guess. Anybody against moving for QtScript?

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann