List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: toolbar shows up when a document is opened
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhdev () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-10-04 16:36:49

On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > no, it does not save the open files anmore. they are ignored.
> > (to be precise, iirc: it saves the open files, but loading a
> > new/anonymous session does not load it, that's the impelementation
> > right now, was easiest)
>
> ok, that is good. I still think the 'default session' should be implicit,
> that is if no other session is loaded, configuration is saved as defaults
> and used for new sessions in the future.

That can be easily added again. pseudo code:

if (isKateFirstStart)
  copy default.katesesstion to sessions/default.katesession
  rename to i18n("Default Session");

Should we do it? :) Christoph also thinks this is a good idea, see the
thread on kwrite-devel:
  Re: feedback wanted! Re: Kate Sessions (was: Re: KDE/kdesdk/kate)

Dominik