List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: move ldap ioslave into kdepim(libs)
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-04 12:50:35

On Thursday 04 October 2007 14:40:54 Anders Lund wrote:
> On Thursday 04 October 2007, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > > I want to look at that, my goal is to just use the template, passing
> > > those macros unchanged into the text, and displaying a warning message.
> > > And btw, why can't we do with at least kabc? why is kaddressbook
> > > needed?
> >
> > You need kaddressbook to enter the information into the kabc database.
>
> So the complain does not happen if the personal entry is in the
> addressbook, even i kaddressbook is not installed?
>
> It can't be too hard to present the user with a widget to enter those data,
> and save them in kaddressbook.

I guess it is not difficult, if you have the time. You will have to move the
bridge module to kdepimlibs though. It is currently in kdepim. A discussion
with Allen Winter or on the kdepim mailing list and on kde-core-devel  is
needed for that.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger

difficulties; they are weakened by comfort." (Old Chinese adage)
 Joseph Wenninger <jowenn@kde.org>