List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: toolbar shows up when a document is opened
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2007-10-03 9:28:17

On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Mirko Stocker wrote:
> What exactly is missing? I mean, you can enable/disable them and, for the
> filesystem browser at least, a configuration page appears. But I noticed
> that the configuration doesn't seem to be saved, I have to enable the
> plug-ins every time I restart kate.
>
> > part of the reason the kate app does not use KPluginSelector is that we'd
> > have to change the interfaces in a way that is simply not acceptible.
>
> Ah, I think I remember a discussion about that on a mailing list some time
> ago..

Kate stores those settings in the session. So if you use anonymous sessions,
you should allways use a specified session (the default one for example). If
you want to store defaults for all new sessions, use Sessions->save as
default after configuring, but note that this will also save the open files
as part of the default session.

Complex, yes...

The problem with KPluginSelector in Kate is AFAIK that it will not let us
decide where the information is saved: A design flaw.

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund@jabber.dk