List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: find
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-10-02 16:43:37

Anders Lund wrote:
> I just started using kate in kde4, and i post anyting that comes to my mind.
>
> One thing I can think of is that KatePart should use a different color for the
> selection if the editor haven't focus, making it less tempting to press DEL
> or BS to delete the result of the search for example.

This is somewhere on my TO-DO list... in fact, by KDE4 rules it's
arguably a bug that this doesn't happen. Selections should always use
the inactive state for both inactive windows and when the widget does
not have input focus (everything else should use inactive only when the
window is inactive).

Also the inactive state for selection should not use the same colors,
even if state effects are otherwise not in use.

How we apply this to katepart probably needs some discussion :-).

> Another is to make RETURN hide the widget, and let something else activate the
> next and previous buttons - in addition to (shift) F3 maybe TAB in the search
> widget?

Do you really need the widget to be hidden? Or just to not have focus?
To me it seems giving focus back to the edit pane would be OK but maybe
I am not thinking of something.

--
Matthew
There's no place like ~.