List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: FW: KDE4 Release Goals
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-09-26 20:30:46

Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 26. September 2007 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
>> (And by the above, I do indeed mean that katepart may well be the first
>> program *ever* to have 100% right selection :-D, at least of the level
>> of sophistication katepart does.)
>
> You mean block selection now works correctly with tabs within and around
> selection? SCNR :-)

You'd have to ask Mirko. I didn't mess with block selection at all, but
it's been getting much love recently. But my first KDE project was
finding and killing all the little idiosyncrasies in line selection,
with the result that kate 3.5.7 is the only editor I know of where line
selection is not idiosyncratic :-).

At some point I'm pretty sure it was all ported OK to KDE4 as well, so
it should be at 100% unless it's been broken since (I try to watch for
any code changes that might break it).

--
Matthew
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information