List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: FW: KDE4 Release Goals
From:       Sebastian Pipping <webmaster () hartwork ! org>
Date:       2007-09-26 18:14:27

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> - Can you explain the bare minimum which has to be finished before we
>> can make a kde 4.0 release.

Here's a quick list of problems I know of. Incomplete but bad enough,
real showstoppers among.

Configure dialog
* Empty pages for
  * Application/Document List and
  * Editor Components/Shortcuts?

Filebrower plugin
* Icon toolbar not showing so there is no way just going
  up one level without typing the full path
* Neither short nor detailed view make sense here as
  currently used
* "~" does not work ("~/" does)
* essential plugin in my eyes

Template plugin
* Gives error: "The templates needs information about you, which
  are stored in your addressbook. The needed plugin could not
  be loaded."
  * I have no idea what plugin it talks about
  * Two typos in there:
    * "templates" -> "template"
    * "addressbook" -> "address book"?
  * Bad dialog box title "Sorry - Kate"

Block selection working?

Selection/highlight rendering bugs all gone?

Sebastian