List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    FW: KDE4 Release Goals
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-09-24 18:12:42

(forwarded from Tom Albers)
> Hi All,
>
> As you might have read in Sebas' blog*, we now have a set of goals which
> have to be completed for the KDE4-release. We consider any of those a
> showstopper. We want to put these up on a wiki page and make some noise
> about it and hopefully it might also get some people working in those
> area's as well.

kate(part) is on this list, so it would be great if people knowing
answers to this can weigh in.

> It would help if you could answer the questions below, I will deal with
> putting it onto the wiki. The more detailed, the better, but I can
> understand your time is precious.
>
> - Can you explain the bare minimum which has to be finished before we
> can make a kde 4.0 release.
> - Do you want help? Are there small tasks which are available to do?
> - How should interested people get in contact with you? Mailinglist
> maybe?
> - What is the current expectation when you are finished with the current
> amount of help you have?
> - Anything else we - the release team - should know about (for example:
> you depend on another piece software which is broken currently).
>
> It would be nice if I could put the answers up to the wiki pretty
> quickly. Please reply to me only, don't include the rest of the
> recipients of this message.

The wiki is up:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Beta_Goals

Discussion here is probably best so we don't flood Tom with data, or
just edit the wiki if you know you have something to add. (I have edit
permission if you would like changes made and do not have a wiki account.)

--
Matthew
WARNING: To reduce risk of serious embarassment, ensure that Brain is