List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE/kdelibs
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-17 11:31:44

Hi !

I didn't have time to look at the plugin selector code,  so this are some
uneducated questions:

*) If the config dialog and the plugin are separated from each other, how does
a loaded instance get notified of a settings change ?  Watching the
configuration file ?

*) Don't we still need the save settings method in unload, reason: If a plugin
has some kind of history functionality, which is modified during working, not
within the configuration dialog ?

*) Is it still possible to pass settings via the destkop file to plugin? Eg
for meta plugins, eg something like a python plugin, which would have to be
loaded more than once (Once for each underlying script file, which would be
the "real" plugin) (We had that feature in the 3.x kate (not the python
thing, but the metaplugin support) (at least in the app)

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger

--
KATE developer - Joseph Wenninger <jowenn@kde.org>