List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for "selected item uses system background color,   not
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-07-25 16:17:36

Mirko Stocker wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 July 2007 01:19:36 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Background style per attribute seems OK, but kate does not fall through
>> to the global selected background color if the attribute does not
>> override that. Otherwise the patch looks good from what I can see.
>>
>> This is probably easy to fix, if I have time I'll take a look but no
>> promises when I might get to it; meanwhile, thanks for the patch!
>
> I have my svn account now, should I commit it? And I'll take a look at the
> fall through case.

Awesome! Personally I would fix the fall-through case first, depending
on your comfort level with the fix you can post the updated patch for
review first (especially since I'm generally managing to look at your
patches, which is more (immediate) love then many patches get :-)).

>> Well I'm going to guess you missed how the fall through should work :-).
>> Most attributes do not set selected background color (or normal
>> background color for that matter). In this case they are supposed to use
>> the color from the "Colors" tab.
>
> Ok, but if I configure a selected-background-color for an element, it doesn't
> have an effect, or am I completely confused now? :) In the attached
> screenshot, the class and end keywords should have a pink background, right?

I don't know ruby but that sounds right (if you mean katerender isn't
using the color, well... it wouldn't surprise me if katerender is broken
here as well). Is that screenshot w/o your patch? Over here, with your
patch, I see the background for "Keyword" as pink, not blue.

--
Matthew
Microsoft: Expect the unexpected