List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: yup, kate's HL code is bork (was: Patch for "attributes appear
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-06-26 15:12:53

Mirko Stocker wrote:
> On Monday 25 June 2007 23:54:55 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Done. Unfortunately my guess was wrong; the highlighter still uses the
>> wrong attributes. Oh well :-).
>
> There are some strange things going on with the highlighter :) I'm working on
> it, but its a lot of code and printf (or kDebug() ) debugging isn't a very
> efficient technique..

Indeed. Feel free to post patches here for review, I'm happy to take a
look at anything else you find :-). (I'm not very familiar with kate's
highlighting code either :-).)

Oh, FYI I think I figured out what the 'normal text color' problem is...
it's actually using the color used to draw the static word wrap marker,
and only when that's turned on (the problem doesn't appear if the static
word wrap marker is not shown). So my guess is something is failing to
reset the pen after drawing that, which would explain why sometimes the
right color is used, and sometimes not.

--
Matthew
"...anyway, that's my 0.02 toasters"