List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Sorting in Kate/KWrite?
From:       <browerg () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-06-24 23:48:34

>On 22.06.07 09:27:06, browerg@verizon.net wrote:
>> Not a subscriber, so please cc me.
>>
>> I haven't found a way to sort lines of text in either program.
>>

>Sorting in an editor?? Whats the use-case? Also: If you want a
>particular feature: file a wishlist bug on bugs.kde.org.

Thanks for getting back, Andreas, but I've found LOTS of text file sorting applications.
The case in point was collecting a small number of warnings and errors from a long log
file, but most involve data tables constructed in arbitrary order.

I'm sure a series of pipe-connected tools would do the job, but GUI editors like KWrite
have been a primary tool for decades. Linux is new for me, and I've barely learned enough
to keep things going. Someday...

For now, Anders' reply solved my problem! I thanked him separately, but I'll do it again,
here: Thanks, Anders!

Thanks for the tip about the wishlist though, Andreas.

George