List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Problem with syntax highlighting in Kate
From:       Tim Mason <timmason () wombatfs ! com>
Date:       2007-06-20 14:49:35

Hi,

I have a small problem with the syntax highlighting in Kate, would be
grateful for any help.

I'm using Kate 2.5.5. as the editor in KDevelop 3.4.1 on SuSE 10.1

I recently changed the background colour for some of the Normal Text
Styles. Then I decided I didn't like the new colours and changed the
background back to the original (which I thought was white). But now the
current line highlight is "overruled" by the white background of the
text, and the current line highlight only appears in the empty space
between the end of the text and the right edge of the window. It looks
to me like my old backgound was "transparent", and it just appeared to
be white because that's what I'm using as the default background.

My question is: how I restore the backgrounds to be "transparent"?
Another related question: when I change one of these colours, in which
file is this stored? I imagined it would be somewhere like
~/.kde/share/apps/katepart/syntax but I couldn't find anything there

Thanks in advance,

Tim

P.S. I'm not subscribed to this list, please CC answers to me. Thanks.