List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: broken signal
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhdev () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-06-11 14:53:27

On Sunday 10 June 2007, Massimo Callegari wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm a little bit concerned about the development of the SymbolViewer
> plugin. Lately it's not working properly due to some changes into the
> core code. It seems that i cannot receive the "viewChanged()" signal
> anymore. How can I fix it ?

viewChanged() was a signal of Kate::ViewManager. The Kate::ViewManager was
merged into the Kate::MainWindow, that's also where viewChanged() is now.
Can you try that? :)

> Furthermore, when I catch the "customContextMenuRequested" signal, the
> QPoint passed to my slot function is an absolute coordinate ! This means
> that when I left click on the QTreeWidget the popup menu appears outside
> Kate if the window is not completely expanded. Needless to say that with
> a dual monitor environment (like mine at home..) it's even worse. Anybody
> can help with any tricky suggestion ?

It should be possible to map the point to local coordinates, see qt
assistant documentation. I did not take a closer look though ;)

Dominik