List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Choose editor fails silently
From:       Lothar Braun <lothar () lobraun ! de>
Date:       2007-06-01 9:58:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi again,

On Thursday 31 May 2007 20:47:59 Lothar Braun wrote:
> I develop a KTextEditor component that can be loaded into kwrite/kate. I
> tried to load that component into kwrite/kate (via the config menu).
> and kate, told me that they were using my KTextEditor, but used the
> katepart for real.
>
> I think kate/kwrite should test if the editor compontent was loaded
> correctly and both should issue an error message, if it failed. The "Chose
> Editor" menu should also show the actual used editor component.

I noticed one more thing: Changing the editor compontent at run time doesn't
seem to work. The new component will only be loaded if kate/kwrite is
restarted.
There should be a message that asks the user to restart the program, if this
is the desired behavior (or the editor component should be loaded
immediately :)

Regards,
  Lothar
--