List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [WORKING-PATCH] K[ate][write] using KPluginSelector
From:       Rafael =?iso-8859-1?q?Fern=E1ndez_L=F3pez?= <ereslibre () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-31 12:56:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 31 May 2007 13:33:39 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> The dialog looks ok, but why does this change the logic to load plugins?

Well.. because the way plugins are shown (loaded on KPluginSelector) changes.
Just take a look at kpluginselector.h, and you will notice how easy is adding
plugins to KPluginSelector.

KatePartPluginListItem class is no more long needed, since we won't add
QTreeWidgetItems anywhere. That will be done by KPluginSelector (well and not
QTreeWidgetItems, but that is the KPluginSelector's implementation, so it
doesn't matter here).

This way we achieve 2 unifying goals:

1. Using KPluginSelector as all KDE libs based apps should do.
2. Having plugins that KPluginInfo class can read correctly (because of the
X-KDE-..... entries in the .desktop files).

Anyway, loading plugins is not so "different" after all, since we create
KPluginInfo objects from KateGlobal::self()->plugins(), that is what on the
end the old implementation was doing.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.