List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Merging Syntax + File-Types
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2007-05-22 17:35:12

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 19:30:03 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 May 2007 17:03:56 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > ...except if the HL mode /does/ override my indent settings, I now have
> > to switch to none, then the HL mode, then back to my indent mode...
> > Things are even worse if I also have .kateconfig's and/or modelines in
> > the mix overriding the type (do these /always/ override modes or does
> > changing the mode override them?).
>
> ? I don't really think so, what do you mean by "hl mode is overwriting
> indenter"? the only thing that might happen, is that the indenter script is
> exchanged.
>
> > Plus right now I can see what highlighter is in use /and/ what indent
> > profile is in use. Combining the two loses this ability; you can only
> > see the last one selected.
>
> I will readd the highlighting menu, ok, you are right with this...

State of my local patches, will commit on next monday:

1. highlighting menu is again there, you can manually chose your hl there,
guess this fixes one of your reported problems
2. modes can have no highlighter set, you can switch to them, without changing
the hl you have, that should allow you to stay with your current usage
pattern, or?
3. the KTE::Api will allow both getting/setting of mode and highlightingMode,
inbuild into the KTE::Document, no need for querying extra interface for this
core stuff. Atm, have converted apps to switch mode, will convert that back
to highlightingMode, this is needed, to get fluent process (too bad I borked
that myself by commiting my changes (parts of them at least) by accident
today already instead of next monday, have reverted that again, sorry....

Is this OK?

cu

Christoph

--