List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Merging Syntax + File-Types
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2007-05-08 5:33:05

On Monday 07 May 2007 22:03, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2007, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > 1. if there is a hl for name "XXX" => a "mode" would be created for "Ada"
> > automagically, where the information from the hl file is used as skeleton
> > (mimetype, ....)
> >
> > 2. The user can modify existing ones, but for example, not remove the hl
> > assoziated with modes mapping to hls and not delete modes mapping to hls
>
> I think this is not acceptable.
Why? If you have a Ada syntax file installed, this will create the "Ada" mode.
This mode is hardwired with the Ada syntax hl. If the user wishs a Ada mode
without the hl, he can create a "Ada xxx" mode and be done.

> > 3. the user can add and delete additional modes and assoziate them with
> > hl's.
>
> We need clear ordering. The mapping closest to the user must have the
> highest priority, and the mapping by the weakest identifier (filename) too,
> or am I wrong?
? The modes will have all the mimetypes/wildcards + prios like atm, I see
there no problem or?

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann@AbsInt.com