List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Merging Syntax + File-Types
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2007-05-07 5:17:47

On Sunday 06 May 2007 20:45, Anders Lund wrote:
> As long as file types does not depend on information in the highlight
> files, and changing the file type for a file does not require data in the
> highlight file to be changed I can accept it.
The only problem with this would be, we would need a second layer, there would
be the rule, that for each hl file, a "filetype" is there automagically, with
the data from the hl file, which the user can modify (like atm, where we
already allow modification of mimetype,pattern,.... for hls) and the user can
add additional ones, either with a reference to a hl to be used or just
with "None". Would that be a deal?

> /me remembers Christoph saying ``don't mode me out'' when 'modes' a la
> emacs was suggested in the past ;)
Yeah, and it seems I was wrong...

cu
Christoph