List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: (Ping: KATE devs that know the katehigklighter) Re: [RFC] should
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-05-02 17:10:59

Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 May 2007 17:31:27 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I tested 'context="foo##bar"' in a non-IncludeRules rule... it seems to
>> work EXCEPT the attribute is not picked up, i.e. the rules are found but
>> anything not eaten by a rule picks up the root .xml's dsNormal (or
>> possibly the attribute of context 0, I didn't check closely), rather
>> than the attribute specified by the external context. If this goes in, I
>> plan to file a bug against that, but I don't intend to try to fix it yet
>> in branches/3.5 (it's not worth it :-)).
>>
>> I guess I'll check this in later this week if no one has any comments.
> Have at the moment too much work to look closer, could be OK. Everything is
> better than the current freezing we got, or do I miss the point and this is
> not for fixing the freezing with php?

I already fixed the freezing (see r658530, also further up the thread
where the patch is BUG'd), but currently (i.e. r658530, "don't get stuck
in an infinite loop") the *-php.xml highlighters are broken because the
'##foo' contexts in not-IncludeRules rules are not being resolved
correctly. With the most recent patch (posted but not checked in) they
are resolved correctly (including new 'foo##bar') except for the
previously-mentioned caveat. IOW it *seems* to work but it's been a
while since I was playing with khl.cpp and I'm not sure if it's "right"
or "just happens to work". So I was hoping for a second opinion.

--
Matthew
"Doggy!" -- Robots from Freefall (http://freefall.purrsia.com)