List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Getting rid of KateSearch ?
From:       Massimo Fidanza <max () massimofidanza ! it>
Date:       2007-02-21 0:02:58

Christoph Cullmann ha scritto:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 01:40, Anders Lund wrote:
>
>> Again, i think this should be the default behavior. But when looking for a
>> specific, long string, the view moving is just distracting. I'm not sure
>> what I would end up doing in practice, setting an option or live with the
>> discraction. The impact of distraction might be worse for others, say
>> people with handicaps.
>>
> Perhaps there should be just two search actions, one opening the searchbar in
> incremental mode, one in non-incremental mode. Or is this a flawed idea?

I think that a good idea can be to open
a "simple search bar" + incremental with CTRL+F,
an "enhanced search bar" + incremental CTRL+SHIFT+F,
a "simple search bar" - incremental with CTRL+ALT+F
and an "enhanced search bar" - incremental CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F
And to put a checkbox for incremental search before the search input input,
so who doesn't know all the shortcuts can disable or enable it very fast
Just my 2 cent!

Massimo