Dominik Haumann wrote: > On Friday 21 July 2006 16:33, Robert Knight wrote: >> On a side note, what is the difference between KWrite and Kate? Or in >> other words, when would I want to use KWrite instead of Kate? > > Yes, I also remember the idea of removing kwrite in favour of kate. Don't > know what came out of discussions, though. Isn't KWrite more light-weight (basically just a window frame wrapped around a KATE-part)? Personally I never cared for KATE (the application); it seems like a KDevelop-wannabe, whereas I'm usually looking for 'just a text editor'. I use KWrite (and KDevelop, which is using KATE-part) all the time. The only time I ever used KATE was on a computer that didn't have KDevelop. Given that it *is* basically nothing but a KATE-part container, is there really much overhead in maintaining KWrite? -- Matthew Warning: This message has not been approved by the FDA. _______________________________________________ KWrite-Devel mailing list KWrite-Devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kwrite-devel