On Friday 21 July 2006 16:33, Robert Knight wrote: > Hi, > > The only reason I use KEdit from time to time is because it starts up > more quickly than the alternatives (or at least feels quite a bit > quicker) and because it is simple. > > If KWrite could start instantaneously, and if the menus could be > simplified a little bit then I wouldn't mind if KEdit was dropped. To > explain what I mean about the menus, the "Tools" menu is longer than > the default window height of the whole program. If I should > accidentally mouse over the encoding menu, it expands to fill the > whole screen and part of a second menu. > > On a side note, what is the difference between KWrite and Kate? Or in > other words, when would I want to use KWrite instead of Kate? Yes, I also remember the idea of removing kwrite in favour of kate. Don't know what came out of discussions, though. -- Dominik _______________________________________________ KWrite-Devel mailing list KWrite-Devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kwrite-devel