List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE/kdelibs/kate/part
From:       Thomas =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2005-05-30 2:22:12

On Sunday, 29. May 2005 22:42, you wrote:
> SVN commit 419560 by cullmann:
> if this solves it, we have some problem with editStart/End and indenters
afaics now it's no way about the indenting anyway.
i can remove the whole indenting and just keep a editStart(); editEnd(); right
after of before the editStart() - editEnd() block around the insertion and
heve the problem still existing.
on the other hand i can either remove the editStart() - editEnd() block around
the indention or extend the editStart() - editEnd() block around the
insertion to end after the indention and the problem is fixed (at this level
- there may be more problems than just on pasting text)

the whole thing smells as if kate simply dislikes fast repetitions of (real,
editSessionNumber == 0) editStart() - editEnd() blocks - especially as THE
SAME LAG OCCURS IF I JUST REMOVE THE FINAL "editEnd()" (though i get some
additional assert output, but kate behaves exactly the same)
to test this, i simply appendend "editStart(); editEnd();" to
KateDocument::newLine(.)
-> simply typing enter knocks kate (i tested kwrite) out!

i just don't know why, according to Qt doc, signals/slots are strict linear so
no chance for a lifelock here...

Thomas
ps: PLEASE KEEP ME IN CC
--
Think, think different. But essentially: Think!