List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate & Kyzis colaboration ;)
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-05-29 20:51:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 28 May 2005 17:32, Philippe Fremy wrote:

> I think that would be nice. Using the yzis kpart in kate is somehow not
> different from using it inside KDevelop or Quanta.
And it would be nice to merge efforts in enhancing this one GUI for the parts, instead
of 10 new ;)

> If we start to work together closely, we should also take the
> opportunity to make the syntax highlighting engine of kate reusable, so
> that we do not have to merge it manually in yzis.
>
> Mickael, what would be required to make the syntax highlighting code of
> kate reusable, as opposed to the current solution ?
I think atm there is no way to do this, folding still is floating around, and hl will get some redo for
kde 4 to be better suited to play together with out rendering
And even if, this won't move out of kdelibs, or this is depencies hell for kate part, as hl has changed often, and
BIC

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team