List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Kate & Kyzis colaboration ;)
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-05-28 10:02:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,
I understand that kate part and yzis part target different userbases, but I guess we \
could cooperate at the KDE app level ;=) Just looking at the Kate port to KDE 4, and \
Kate really does only need some methodes in addition to KTextEditor Interface from \
the part to use it. I think it should be no problem to come up with 1-2 texteditor \
interfaces which cover them and than nothing would harm Kate to switch from \
Kate::Document/View to KTextEditor::Document/View without loosing any functionality. \
Is there interest in merging the efforts of Kyzis and Kate development? I think the \
Kate GUI still provides lots of more stuff than Kyzis, not to mention better mdi, \
splitting and more, and given we switch over to KTextEditor, Kate could provide a \
unique GUI to the both kde texteditor parts, which than could join forces and not \
building 2 guis in parallel. it's like the current efforts to merge quanta and \
kdevelop together under a common framework, Kate could provide such a framework for \
our texteditor parts, for users not interested in complete IDE environments ;)

this is just a idea, if no interest on both side, hey, we let it like it is ;)

cu
Christoph

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team