List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Slightly advanced Kate search & replace
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2005-05-09 15:48:48

Monday 09 May 2005 17:05 skrev Justin Lawrence:
> Hi Guys
>
> Sorry to bother. We love KATE, but cannot search for something and replace
> it witha non-printable character, eg:
>
> Search for a quote and replace with a newline
>
> Please could you point us in the right direction.
>
> Many many thanks

You don't state what version of Kate you are using. In the latese KDE release
(KDE 3.4, Kate 2.4) the commandline s/// allows you to replace with newline
or tab. Press F7 to show the command line, and enter
s/PATTERN/REPLACEMENT/[gi] to replace in the current line, or
%s/PATTERN/REPLACEMENT/[gi] to replace in the entire document.

We are working on support for the regular find/replace functionality.

Alternatively, you can use the text filter plugin in Kate with sed or perl (or
any other command).

-anders
--
www: http://alweb.dk