List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: katepart - javascript
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-22 13:46:19

Hi !
On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 14:41 +0200, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> <zitiere wer="Joseph Wenninger">
> > Hi !
> >
> > Today I looked a littlebit at the javascript implementation of the
> > katepart and I understand now, why the javascript indenter is that slow.
> > Any objects if I completely rework the implementation ?
> no, not at all, but keep in mind, that we don't want to load one
> interpreter per document if we don't need it ;)
> I guess you want to preparse the script for the indenters and co once and
> just
> exeval the functions on calls ;) go ahead

I don't think one interpreter per document would be that a problem, but
my idea is to use one interpreter (because otherwise caching is not
possible) per indenter type. those are shared among documents and are
removed, if no document uses them anymore

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger
--
Joseph Wenninger -- <jowenn@kde.org>