List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: sessions
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-04-16 11:58:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 16 April 2005 13:51, Anders Lund wrote:
> Saturday 16 April 2005 13:21 skrev Christoph Cullmann:
> > there is a whole config page to configure this, which keeps this dialog
> > flags in mind, too, and really, what does the "do you want to save the
> > session" dialog do? it's like the "do you want to save this file" dialog,
> > perhaps we should turn it default off and offer only the possiblity to
> > show it, would be a oneliner, as this is already there if you hit the
> > "don't show again" box.
>
> The default should be to allways save the session. otherwise it is not a
> session, but something else (a file list). IMHO the dialog should go, and
> the current session ALLWAYS be saved.
the dialog will stay, but default off, like said, why hinder users which
actually don't want that behaviour to get asked?  all other users will never
see this

> Ok, I forgot looking at the config dialog. That makes me feel more secure.
> But the startup dialog should give me the same feeling, so the 'don't ask
> again' should read 'allways use last'.
hmm, it will remember, too, if user has said "new session", should perhaps
better be named "Remember Choice", or?

> Couldn't we move the 'Sessions' menu to a submenu of 'File'? I'm going to
> touch that VERY rarely, and i guess many will.
I don't think so, as submenu, it'S really pretty hard to find, and I would
suspect that this feature will be used much more often than the project
stuff, which menu was even more prominent more left.

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team