List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase/kate
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-04-14 10:03:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 21:10, Anders Lund wrote:
> Wednesday 13 April 2005 17:51 skrev Christoph Cullmann:
> > even more easy session managment, but missing dialog atm, there needs to
> > be one asking at shutdown if you want to save your currently unsaved
> > session
>
> Could we please have a silent default session? if the user does not
> expliicitly select a different session, we should ALLWAYS use a default.
why? now, if user starts kate for the first time, kate will ask what he wants.
The default session is highlighted, just a return will get him there, we have
this checkbox to enable any further questions and he can choose to start with
a fresh session if he wants, if this won't come up at all, new users won't
note the session managment at all and it wouldn't be clear what this all
means,or ?

> On shutdown the session should be saved.
it does, and even now it shows a question if you want to show a new started
session at all, with again a "show not any more" checkbox, to avoid
questioning, the session name question also moved to save, as on start, you
need none

> The last open session should be remembered and chosen in the startup
> dialog.
it does, too :) if the "not ask any more" checkbox for the startup dialog is
choosen, it even does it without prompting the user again with the last
session preselected

> There should be a commandline option to select a session, allowing those
> who wants that to allways use the default session. This would resemble the
> old style session management.
hmm, to always use the deafult session you need to do nothing else than just
check the not ask again box, hit return, and you are done, but you are right,
there must be a commandline option to specify which session to use at start,
this will enable me to make panel entries for different kate session I have
around :)

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team