List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Fortran.xml for kate
From:       Franchin Matteo <fnch () libero ! it>
Date:       2005-03-15 20:15:51

Il giorno lun, 14-03-2005 alle 11:49 -0500, Liang Ge ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using kate to edit fortran files and it's very impressive.
> However, the default syntax highlighting file use character "c" to
> comment while the default in many F90 compilers is "!". How can I
> change the fortran.xml file to use "!" for comment/uncomment.
>
> Thanks.
> Liang

Hi,
I decided to keep the old fortran 77 style for comments because I don't
know if all the fortran 77 compilers can understand the new form for
comments (! ...)
However you can obtain what you want very easily: you should simply
delete a line in the file fortran.xml:
.
.
.
  <general>
    <comments>
      <comment name="singleLine" start="!"/>
      <comment name="singleLine" start="c"/>  <--- DELETE THIS LINE!
    </comments>
    <keywords casesensitive="0"/>
  </general>
</language>

(these are the last lines of the file)
If you have any suggestion or observation for the highlighting of
fortran don't hesitate and send me a mail.
Matteo