List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Kate feature request (*very* small)
From:       Yuri Vilmanis <vilmanis () internode ! on ! net>
Date:       2005-02-28 0:38:17

When using 'sync terminal emulator to current document', my history sometimes
fills up with endless strings of 'cd /blah\ blah/blah', but I still want to
use sync.

Proposed Solution:

when the terminal emulator starts, execute the following command
HISTCONTROL=ignorespace

and then start all 'cd' autosync lines with a space, ie ' cd /blah\ blah/blah'

This behaviour could be turned on and off from the general menu where the sync
option is controlled from.

Of course, the proposed solution only works for bash, but it wouldn't harm
other shells. A general solution would of course require knowledge of the
shell, but could you please do this for bash? Its the only thing about kate
that really drives me nuts

thanks all