List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    A problem with highlighting: matching blank lines
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2005-02-07 9:11:07

Hi all,
I was asked today how to match a blank line in a (RegExpr) highlight rule, but
that is currently not possible, because blank lines are skipped in the
parsing loop.

My immediate thought is that we could add a switch in the form of a context
attribute, similar to the lineend attribute. Sample:

<context name="mailheader" ... blankline="parsebody" />

In this example, a blank line would cause a switch to context 'parsebody'.

Would anyone have problems with this? or a better suggestion?

-anders

--
www: http://alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund@jabber.dk