List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Syntax Highlighting
From:       Hedley Robertson <hedley () hedleyrobertson ! com>
Date:       2004-10-14 1:02:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Greetings.

I hope this is the correct forum for questions like this, I couldn't
seem to find a general support form / list.  My apologies if this is the
wrong audience.

Ok this should be easy, but for whatever reason I am having problems...

My base install of KDE 3.2 included Kate (gentoo 2.6, if that helps),
which I am finding to be a really super cool editor.  It seemed to
understand the syntax highlighting rules for .aspx files (asp.net, c#
specifically) initially, but when I associate .aspx to Kate in KDE, the
syntax highlighting poofed.  Removing the association seems to do the
same thing.

I tried to track down where the highlighting files are, just to be sure
they are there, but couldnt find them in either of the paths mentioned
in the how to write xml highlighting page.

(tried *$(KDEDIR)/share/apps/kate/syntax* and
*~/.kde/share/apps/kate/syntax*)*

*Thank you in advance for any assistance or resources regarding this issue.

Hedley
*
*

--
- Hedley Robertson
< hedley [at] hedleyrobertson [dot] com >