List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate config
From:       Nicolas Deschildre <ndeschildre () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2004-09-30 16:08:09

> On Thursday 30 September 2004 15:37, Nicolas Deschildre wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to access to the kate config and read some values.
> > I have seen KTextEditor::saveConfig(KConfig *). So we should be able to
> > copy the Kate config into another KConfig and then be able to read some
> > values. Is that right?
>
> That would be possible, but you can't know if the config data is up to date
> then, since kate can change them.
>
> > And i guess i had to dig inside the code to find the name of the value, >
> but
> > i hope the names won't change when the new versions come!
>
> There is no plans, but I'm gonna look at converting kate to KConfigXT at > >
> some
> point. I don't know if that is possible, or how much trouble it will cause,
> so I don't know if it will happen.

> You haven't explained why and what you want to access, or in which context -
> if you do so, maybe we could come up with a solution.

I'm working on Quanta+'s VPL (WYSIWYG) view which use the kate part as source
editor, and i wanted to use some of the kate config items such as the number
of undo steps in VPL so that a redundant configure dialog won't be necessary.
So i only need to be able to read the values, and be notified by a signal when
it changes.

Please CC me, i'm not suscribed to the list.

Nicolas