List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate
From:       Hamish Rodda <rodda () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-03 2:52:05

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 02:50 am, Bozhan Boiadzhiev wrote:
> Hello
> i have send once message before 2 years to developer of Kate with
> suggestion to implement
> "ftp module" something like FTP in Ultraedit for windows. Then author
> answers me
> that Kate will use internal mechanism of KDE and it does but this is
> very annoying.
> The main reason for this is that when  i have separate module for ftp i
> can setup many account and
> don't have to write every time where are my stupid ftp folders.
>
> This is one of the reason that i still didn't use linux as my workstation.

Hi,

In addition to the points in the other email, I usually use Kate's file
selector to initially pull up the directory that I'm interested in, then I
create a bookmark for that in the file selector, so I can go there whenever I
like.

Alternatively, Quanta has the support you want through its projects.  Perhaps
the kate project management can do the same, I don't know.

Cheers,
Hamish.