List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    what apps use Kate/KTextEditor in a KDockWidget?
From:       Cies Breijs <cies () showroommama ! nl>
Date:       2003-08-28 18:14:33

I'm having trouble getting a text editor to work in a QDockWindow (i assume it
is more or less the same as a KDockWidget). Putting the Kate::Document in the
QDockWindow worked out fine... Getting it to open some file went like a
breeze. But getting it to save a file or getting it to toggle the
line_numbers on and off was not working to me (Here I needed to use some
class other than Kate::Document).

Please note I'm not a prof programmer and the app i'm writing is MyFisrtKdeApp
;). But If someone could point me some source code to dig in i might find out
my self how to do it.

I'm looking for a program that uses the Kate/KTextEditor in someDockedWidget.
(maybe someone even knows some hidden tutorial)

I tried looking into KWrite allready but this code is too different from what
i'm trying to write.

Regards,
Cies Breijs.

The website says:
"Base class for dockwidget views This class creates a widget meant to be set
as the main widget for a KDockWidget. " -- I think that's what i need!