List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: highlighting colours file for 6502 processor
From:       Simon =?iso-8859-1?q?H=FCrlimann?= <simon.huerlimann () access ! unizh ! ch>
Date:       2003-07-01 20:23:34

Hi

Yeah, yet another language. Although I don't know how many ppl use still 80ies
systems:-)

I validated it against language.dtd and everything looks fine. But there are a
few issues I can see...

We should maybe add a lower priority to Asm6502, as I think it's not the most
common assembler on the world using extension .asm and .s. But I've to admit,
that I neither don't know how to do that, or if this is indeed a good idea. I
just know, you can add a priority="something" attribute to the root
element...

Instead of lots of StringDetects
    <contexts>
        <StringDetect attribute="Keyword" context="#stay" String="TYA"
insensitive="TRUE"/>
        <StringDetect attribute="Keyword" context="#stay" String="ORG"
insensitive="TRUE"/>

you should use a list named keywords or so
    <highlighting>
        <list name="keywords">
            <item>tya</item>
            <item>org</item>
        </list>

and a keyword tag to use it
    <contexts>
        <keyword attribute="Keyword" context="#stay" String="keywords"/>

and set keyword matching to case insensitive
    <general>
        <keywords casesensitive="false"/>

Have a look at gnuassembler.xml to see an example of the list/item/keyword
stuff.

Would be great if you could look at these issues, try to solve them and repost
your work. A small assembler file would be nice too, as I'd like to see the
highlighting in action, but don't know the language...

Regards
Simon