List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: New Fortran highlighting for Kwrite
From:       Simon =?iso-8859-1?q?H=FCrlimann?= <simon.huerlimann () access ! unizh ! ch>
Date:       2003-06-23 11:06:14

Hi

> > The attribute 'name' is missleading. There are two values allowd:
> > 'singleLine' and 'multiLine'; it is NOT a unique identifier.
>
> Oh, ok. I _was_ unsure about that. Actually I'm still not quite clear about
> its purpose: does it have to do with the text-folding feature?
I don't know either. I guess it is used for the 'tools->(un)comment'. But I'm
not sure. But it doesn't have to do with text-folding.

> > Mh, i actually believes we should support three types: multiline,
> > singleline and singleline only working in the beginning of a line (they
> > are rare, but they do exist)
>
> Fortran is an example, actually!
:-)

> > Well, folding is a very nice feature:-) And if you're hungry doing some
> > work... try to implement it. Look for beginRegion="comment" and endRegion
> > attributes in p.e. cpp.xml or xml.xml.
>
> I'll give it whirl sometime, then :). I hope I'll 'reverse engineer' enough
> from cpp.xml and xml.xml - there's not much documentation of this feature.
Basicly, you determine kind of blocks. E.g. comments, blocks of commands,
if/endif...
Then you have to identify, with which matched expression they begin and end.
You add beginRegion="<kind>" to the expression (RegExpr...) that triggers the
beginning of such a block and endRegion="<kind>" to the expression that ends
it.
You should use different <kind> identifiers, so that an endRegion of a comment
doesn't end you're function region.

Hope this gives you some hints...

Simon