List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Changes
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! its ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2003-03-10 11:31:07

Christoph Cullmann wrote:

> On Saturday 08 March 2003 12:52, Hamish Rodda wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've made quite a big change locally, protecting KateTextCursor::line and
>> KateTextCursor::col, so that I can capture changes in derived subclasses,
>> anyone have problems with that?
>>
>> I have been thinking a bit about bidi, anyone got a decent reference for
>> what we have to do for that?
> look at unicode.org for some reference of bidi and in the qt code for some
> example implementation (qrichtext_... I guess)

I have a basic idea of what has to happen... and I understand now why it
hasn't been done yet - very complicated ;)

I have some ideas about what needs to happen:
- separation of the rendering code into a new class, eg. KateRenderer
  Much of this code is going to have to be re-written.
- helper functions in eg. the textline to optimise for the easiest cases
- I need some example files, and quite a bit of time (I can't see this
happening before 3.2)

btw, is there really a demand for this?  Is kate used by non-programmers, or
do programmers write in RTL?

>> Christoph, with the config changes you made it seems my auto center lines
>> option (which I have grown quite partial to) is no longer getting saved
>> (or
>> loaded).  Any ideas why / where I should look?
> hmm, here it saves that piece of config just fine, perhaps could you
> restest ?

Ok, looked at my config:

Auto Center Lines=0
AutoCenterLines=4

with the =0 being the one which seems to be loaded, and the =4 being the one
which is saved.

Any idea how this could have happened?  (in fact, this happened to all of
the view entries:

Bookmark Menu Sorting=0
Dynamic Word Wrap=true
DynamicWordWrap=true