List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    kdelibs/kate/part
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! its ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2003-03-03 14:20:43

CVS commit by rodda:

This was getting a bit too big...

1) Added new arbitrary highlighting code (it's arbitrary in the sense that
   kate doesn't determine the location of the highlighting, as it does with
   the syntax highlighting).  This provides basic font attribute
   support at the moment, plus intelligent cursors and ranges which could
   potentially be used for 3rd party parsers.  I'm working towards a KTextEditor
   API, but would like to see some usage of this to make sure I'm on the
   right track. If you would like to try it in your app, you'll have to
   install the new headers manually.

   See the new headers for documentation; also change the static const bool
   at the start of katesearch.cpp and do a search to see this in action.

   More optimisation to come but I think it's respectable for the simplest
   cases (ie. where there is a) no or b) one usage of the api)

2) Cleanups from the removal of the dynamic word wrapping bar

3) Copyright change to katelinerange.* (commited the wrong one before,
   if you wrote the original linerange struct before I started working on it
   I'm of course happy to add you)

CCMAIL:kwrite-devel@mail.kde.org
CCMAIL:quanta-devel@mail.kde.org

  A            katearbitraryhighlight.cpp   1.1
  A            katearbitraryhighlight.h   1.1
  A            katesupercursor.cpp   1.1
  A            katesupercursor.h   1.1
  M +1 -1      Makefile.am   1.52
  M +42 -13    katebuffer.cpp   1.93
  M +54 -7     katebuffer.h   1.43
  M +78 -18    katedocument.cpp   1.430
  M +17 -4     katedocument.h   1.170
  M +1 -3      katelinerange.cpp   1.2
  M +1 -3      katelinerange.h   1.2
  M +33 -12    katesearch.cpp   1.34
  M +7 -3      katesearch.h   1.19
  M +26 -3     katetextline.cpp   1.56
  M +58 -45    katetextline.h   1.45
  M +17 -1     kateview.cpp   1.238
  M +7 -7      kateview.h   1.111
  M +5 -28     kateviewinternal.cpp   1.190