Christoph Cullmann wrote: > I thought the syncronoous would be for the network transparent part of it, > which means: openURL defaults to use the syncronous downloading before it > calls openFile for remote files, that says nothing about the whole > openFile implementation. Yes, this is a little unclear in the docs, but I have also looked at the implementation, just as you've done. > But in the part.cpp implementation of openURL it > seems they > want that openFile is syncrounous, too, too bad. Perhaps kate should > overwrite the standard openURL implementation with one that only emtis > completed() after the stuff has really enended in the buffer. That would > still allow to handle the stuff asyncronous per default but let the apps > connect to the completed thingy. Yes, this is a way to go. The only problem may be that completed() as emmited also after saving the file, but this can be handled in the application that uses the part. Andras -- Quanta Plus developer - http://quanta.sourceforge.net K Desktop Environment - http://www.kde.org -- Quanta Plus developer - http://quanta.sourceforge.net K Desktop Environment - http://www.kde.org _______________________________________________ KWrite-Devel mailing list KWrite-Devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kwrite-devel