List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    plugin hotwo faq update for kde-3.1?
From:       christopher j bottaro <cjb () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-05 20:31:18

hey,
yeah yeah, i know i know....read the source of existing simple plugins to
learn how to do it, but i hate not knowing why or how certain things work.  i
like the tutorial cuz it explains whats going on and i get a deeper, better
understanding of whats going on.

so anyways, when is the kate plugin howto gunna be updated for 3.1?  i have
lots of ideas for plugins for kate and now that school is almost over, i'm
gunna have time to implement them.

i wanna touch up or maybe rewrite my language object finder (lets you jump to
definitions of classes, variables, methods and functions), also wanna do a
plugin that adds a menu which will list all methods/functions which are
defined in the currently open file (this is a feature of codewarrior's ide
that some of my cooworkers complain about not having when we're writing code
on my linux machine ;), also a few other things that i forgot also...=)

oh yeah, isn't kapptemplate suppose to have a kate plugin option soon?  when
is that gunna happen?

thanks,
christopher