List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate App licensing
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () jowenn ! at>
Date:       2002-12-01 22:56:03

Hi

Am Son, 2002-12-01 um 23.39 schrieb Christoph Cullmann:

> Hi,
> just taken a closer look to the current Kate app sources. We seems to have a
> mix of LGPL and GPL 2 source files, would there be any problem to switch over
> to LGPL or GPL 2 alltogether ?

I would be in favor of
	kate/interfaces		LGPL
	kate/app		GPL

The problem is that plugins need to link against the lib created in
kate/app :(

I'm not that happy with releasing the whole app LGPL, but it might be
the only way for the creation of non GPL plugins anyway (at least with
the current linking) without licence conflicts.

Do what you like, although I'm not really happy with LGPL, it would be
okay for me.

> I would have no probs to switch to any of both, only we should avoid the "or
> any newer" part of the licensing.

I think we already decided some time ago to remove all "any newer"
parts. Don't know why those are still there
	1) We were to lazy to fix the headers
	2) We changed the licence header styles and forgot to remove the 		"any
newer" parts

> If all ok, I will switch over all copyright headers to the license we want.
>
> cu
> Christoph

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger