List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate Part plugin interface
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-04-25 18:49:51

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 21:38, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I justed looked at the KHTMLFactory and stolen some of its code for the
> kate part factory. Will rework it a bit and create in the next days the
> "first draft" of an effective kate part plugin interface (I want to avoid
> will load them + assign a new "view" of each plugin to each new kateview.
> Hopefully I will get it nice enough to wrap it into a ktexteditor
> interface. This interface will only contain a plugin class, how the editor
> implementations implement the plugin loader is not my problem :) (but as
> the plugins will interact only via ktexteditor, it should be no problem to
> use them in other editor parts too).
After IRC talk with tronical, I have gone away from the view-doc plugins and
will now support 2 kind of plugins:

1. doc only plugins: no gui, only bound to a document, could for example be a
plugin doing some background stuff which needs no gui or view

2. view plugins: inherit from doc plugins, are bound to a view of a document +
have a xmlguiclient for actions and so on.

Both kind of plugins will only supported by editor parts using doc/view model
(as it seems even the nedit part in kdevelop supports that, should be not to
hard to get that working with other editors too).

--
Christoph Cullmann
Kate/KDE developer