List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    hl config trouble
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-03-12 3:25:16

Hi,
I fell over this once again, and decided to start investigate a bit.
Problems:

Changes to the hl configuration does not get saved to disk.

Changes to the style data makes it to the current session, changes to
extensions or mime types not even there.

The kconfig file (katesyntaxhighlightingrc) does not get sync()ed except by
the SyntaxDocument class, which appearently does that each time it is
constructed.

The config object is kept as a static object by the hlManager, could that be
the reason? sync()ing it in the hlmanager destructor has no effect.

The data would be saved (if the sync() succeded) in a group "<hl name>
Highlight" which is only read (by Highlight::getData()) for the sake of the
configuration page, not when the document sets the hl mode - afaics, correct
me if i'm wrong (jowenn)

I am too tired right now to figure out how to solve these problems, still
dizzy from a flue, but i will try again tomorrow - but please do not hesitate
to help. I think this is a bad one, if we can't solve it we should not
display the hl config page at all, but replace it with an excuse.

-anders