List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: A weird experience
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-03-01 3:31:43

On Thursday 28 February 2002 22:37, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Thursday 28 February 2002 10:01, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > On Thursday 28 February 2002 03:58, Anders Lund wrote:
> > > On to adding this to Kate, I added a public slot void paste_kc() to the
> > > interface in kdelibs/kate/intefaces/view.h.
> >
> > Why ? Just add the accel to the m_editAccels list and  that should be
> > done
>
> Would say the same, no more slots, just a new editAccel ;)

Well, mainly to keep similar concepts the same. The normal paste() is not
amongst the editAccel's

I feel that adding it in editAccels is a little like piracy:) It is very
different from all the other methods. And it should be configurable along
with (next to, in the same dialog) the standard paste preferably, as I know
at least one person who wants to use paste(keep cursor) as the primary paste
with the default ctrl + v shortcut.

Now I did not check this recently, but is the config conflicts wiht the editor
accels and the application actionCollection solved?
Heh, I just checked - the edit shortcuts are not checked against the
application shortcuts - i could set ctrl + c to "TOP + Select", it even
worked, but launching the config dialog again it would show the standard
shortcuts. So adding a function there is kind of not user friendly. I think
few ppl will wish to change the navigation of the editor, probably neither
other shortcuts, but again, some folks may want to change it exactly for
this, as many grew accustomed to the cursor staying after a paste.

I may try your way friday, if I can find the time, though.

Even if I do add it as an editAccel, I still do not understand why it
crashed...

-anders